207 Symposium--Hydric Soil Management for Wetland Restoration and Creation
Oral SessionSSSA Division: Consulting Soil Scientists
- Landscape Management: hydrologic alterations, amendment incorporation, micro-topography, and terrain contouring.
- Seed Bed Preparation: establishment procedures to maximize vegetation success, organic (and other) amendments, etc.
- Revegetation Strategies: use of seed mixes, transplants or volunteer species (natural regeneration).
- Evaluation: vegetation, hydrology, soil parameters such as bulk density and formation of Field Indicators of Hydric Soils.
- Overall Design: innovative or challenging design for wetland creation, project constraints, construction challenges, regulatory input (if any).
- Long-term Success Monitoring: Long-term goals, interim goals, developing success criterion, and monitoring programs.
Approved for 3.0 SW CEUs.